| Marine Aircraft Group 26 History
The MAG-26 Mission is to provide the staff support necessary for the effective command of subordinate squadrons of the MAG.
1. Perform those command and staff functions necessary to accomplish the MAG Mission.
2. Plan and coordinate the deployment and employment of the Marine Aircraft Group and its separately deployable squadrons, and be able to deploy via amphibious means or Fly In Echelon (FIE) utilizing Maritime Preposition Force (MPF) resources.
3. Plan and coordinate individual and unit training to prepare subordinate squadrons for tactical deployment and combat operations.
4. Provide Marine Corps property supply support for subordinate squadrons.
5. Maintain cognizance over all fiscal functions accomplished with the MAG.
6. Concept of employment. The MAG HQ will be employed with the Aviation Combat Element (ACE) where it may function in either a senior or subordinate staff role. The MAG HQ can be task-organized as the ACE HQ of a Marine Expeditionary Brigade (MEB) in order to provide one or more aviation functions to a Marine Air-Ground Task Force (MAGTF).